Monday, March 5, 2007

mai thai

Chutima and I headed out to Old Town for lunch at Mai Thai today. This may have been my first time at Mai Thai during the day. We ordered chicken ginger stir-fry, drunken noodles with tofu, and a bowl of tom kha kai soup. The two entrees were good, but the rice was over-cooked; tasted as if they'd re-cooked the rice from the night before. The soup was mediocre at best: too much coconut milk and too little spice. Despite my last two comments, Mai Thai is one of my favorite Thai restaurants in the area and I've always had great food each time I visited. The restaurant is located at the end of King St. Try to get a table upstairs by the window which boasts a view of the Potomac. Other fares to try: Shrimp Clay Pot, Panang Curry, and Seafood Paradise.

Purple Orchid

Orange Chair

Chutima sipping Thai Iced Tea


Chicken Ginger Stir-Fry


Drunken Noodles with Tofu


Tom Kha Kai


No comments: